Table Setting 101


P6140232, originally uploaded by dataceptionist.

This is my proudest table setting effort to date. Everything was themed, admittedly its not terribly difficult to do that when heaps of your stuff matches already.
We were just having friends round, but we love to get our good stuff out of the cupboard for friends.

Did you know? You must use fine china at least once a year or it will deteriorate and become brittle and die. So get using!

3 kindred spirits ~ This bugs them too!:

e_add2008 said...
July 16, 2008 4:04 AM

You guy's are so neat, we just take our friends to a place to eat. The wife and I are not to much of host's. We don't even have much of matching anything, but the chairs to the dinning table. LOL

The trip was great. Don't bother on pulling out the Laptop on your plane trip, because there wasn't enough room to move around. Oh that inverter only worked on one of the planes that we were on. Laptop was great at the hotel for picture down loads of the day, that was good. Your trip is going to be a lot of fun.

Still on Vietnam time, but still went to work today :)

K said...
July 16, 2008 2:17 PM

Really? I did not know. I have wedgewood tea setting which was my grandmothers. I keep meaning to invite some girlfriends around for high tea and get it out but it hasn't happened yet.

Your table looks lovely btw. What did you cook?

Dataceptionist said...
July 17, 2008 11:08 AM

@ e_add
~Yeah I see what you're saying, and we love going out for dinner as well, but sometimes its more fun/easier/cheaper to just stay in.
Hahaha I hadn't really intended to use the laptop on the plane, but thanks for the heads up. Glad you had a good trip.

@ K
~Yes, true story. Same goes for any "good" cookware you have also. Something happens to the composition of the china somehow.
High tea! I lvoe High tea, so awesome. I want a cupcake stand, but I don't know where I would store it when I wasn't using it 2 afternoons a year.

Thanks, I thought you particularly might appreciate the matchy-ness. We cooked Roast Beef in the barbecue (hood down), and it was lovely.

Leave a Comment

Hey its a free country!
You can say what you like, it need not even be totally relevant, and feel free to argue the point with me.
Disclaimer:This is my blog, and I am a delicate flower, so be constructive and don't insult me for the sake of it

Back to Home Back to Top You know what bugs me....... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.