Fashion fun Quotes

Maggie Alderson wrapping up 2006

* "When you're acting, you have to be able to move your face. You have to be able to communicate your emotions through your expression, and I would hate to have that taken away. I've no intention of getting carved up or injected, thank you very much." Kate Winslet.

* "I don't want to look young, I want to look good. Cosmetic surgeons just want to make you look young. I think Botox is poison. And injecting fat into your face makes you look like a chipmunk." Joan Collins.

* "When you walk around New York or LA, everyone looks the same. It's pathetic. The lips all look like duck lips, there's no more wrinkles, the noses are all identical, and everything that made someone beautiful is gone. I know what it feels like to think you need to mutilate yourself. I thought, 'Maybe if I stick some fake breasts on, it will be okay.' But when I hit my 60s I felt so ashamed." Jane Fonda.

* "I make a point to never, ever point out my physical flaws ... This is advice I give to women as often as I can. People don't notice the things we see in ourselves that we hate, so why direct them to it?" Dita Von Teese.

* "It's like planning a dinner party. You need to have the pretty girl, the controversy, and something reassuring." Anna Wintour reveals the magic formula for editing US Vogue.

* "We made a pact to become fat communists." Anne Hathaway's post-filming deal with her Devil Wears Prada co-star Meryl Streep.

* "I'm the sort of person who cuts the label off things. I hate the whole idea of a seasonal must-have bag, of a bag in an ad campaign. I think having clothing that screams its origins to people in the street is uncomfortable in a world where lots of people don't have lots of money." Gucci Group chief executive Robert Polet (who just may be in the wrong job).

* "I design useless Christmas gifts. Don't ask me to be proud or to be interested in what I do. I am so ashamed of what I do, I try to do it the best that's possible." Philippe Starck (as above).

* "I have lots of things, like all these Manolo Blahniks. I have all that and I think it's great. I'm not one of those people like, 'Well, we must renounce ourselves.' No, I have a closet full of shoes and it's a good thing." Oprah Winfrey (definitely in the right job).

* "I love really tight jeans but I'm not so young and I don't want to be ridiculous. So I prefer not baggy, but more comfortable ... I buy them at our store with 50 per cent discount." Stefano Gabbana.

* "[Naomi Campbell] looks like you could snap her in two but she's a tough-ass, kick-ass woman. I would actually like to fight her. I think for all the people that she's beaten up, I think she needs a big 200-pound lesbian to kick her ass." Rosie O'Donnell.

* And, lastly, a remark from the past that will withstand the passing of any number of years: "Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity." Coco Chanel.

2 kindred spirits ~ This bugs them too!:

Robert Steers said...
February 05, 2007 9:20 PM

Hey,

Good set of quotes! FYI on writing ideas, I just spend my mindless time at work researching strange things. At the moment I am being paid to daydream.

Dataceptionist said...
February 06, 2007 12:52 PM

Hey me too! Isn't it such tremendous fun!

Leave a Comment

Hey its a free country!
You can say what you like, it need not even be totally relevant, and feel free to argue the point with me.
Disclaimer:This is my blog, and I am a delicate flower, so be constructive and don't insult me for the sake of it

Back to Home Back to Top You know what bugs me....... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.